You may apply for your marriage license Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. at the Gallatin location.<MAP>
The license fee is $95.00. The cost is reduced to $35.00 if the couple completes a premarital preparation course from a qualified instructor and submits the Certificate of Completion
form when applying for the license. Please note the instructor’s signature must be notarized.
· Social Security number must be given if applicant has one (T.C.A. 36-3-104).
· Both the bride and groom must appear in the office together to sign the permanent record book.
· There is no waiting period. The license must be used within 30 days from the date of issue.
· The State of Tennessee does not require a blood test.
· Both parties must be 18 years of age or older. Proof of age and identity must be provided. Acceptable identification includes driver’s license, passport or certified birth certificate.
· A license issued in Sumner County is valid throughout the State of Tennessee.