- Sumner County Passenger vehicles and light duty trucks 1975 or newer are required to be tested for emissions before they can be renewed or a new plate can be purchased. Effective 04/01/05 only those vehicles with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) greater than 10,500 pounds are exempt from the emissions test requirement. Diesel-powered vehicles are no longer exempt.
- You will need to have a renewal notice, an old registration or the vehicle title available for testing. The fee is $9.00.
- The testing center in Sumner County is located on Grassland Place across Highway 31 from Volunteer State Community College. The hours of operation are Monday and Tuesday 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.; Wednesday to Friday – 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; and Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Holiday hours vary.
- Any of the ten testing centers in the five-county region may be used to obtain your compliance certificate.
- LINK TO ADDITIONAL STATE INFORMATION
- LINK TO ENVIROTEST INFORMATION
- HOW TO APPLY FOR A VEHICLE EXEMPTION
2017 MOBILE EMISSION TESTING DATES