· Applicant must be a United States citizen or a legal permanent resident TCA 8-16-101.
· Notary applications are accepted Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. at the Gallatin location.
· All applicants are required to appear in the Gallatin office to take the oath and pay the fee. We can notarize your application in the Clerk’s office.
· Notaries Public are elected by the County Commission to a four-year term. Your applications, bond and $12.00 fee must be received in the Gallatin office before the third Monday of the month.
· A $10,000 original bond for the term must be submitted when you appear.
· The Notaries Public can purchase a seal (rubber stamp) from most office supply companies.
What to bring when you appear before the Clerk:
$12.00 fee, Notary Bond, and Application. Notary applications must be sumitted by noon on the date of the County Commission meeting. Meeting Dates
ALL NOTARY APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO APPEAR IN THE COUNTY CLERKS OFFICE TO HAVE THE OATH ADMINISTERED.
For questions please call our Notary Department 615-452-4063.